Lakme has taken the makeup and skincare world by storm with its back to back product launches. The new kids on the block are from the Lakme Absolute Gloss Range Skincare and Makeup. Dewy and glossy looks have always been my favorite. And there was no chance that I could have not tried the latest offering from Lakme - Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Gel Creme. I have never tried any gloss-based skincare products before and was pretty excited in trying the skin gloss gel cream.
Packaging & Price: This product comes at INR 399 for 50 grams of product. The packaging is pretty impressive as well. It comes in a black color plastic tub with a metallic blue screw cap. It is a non-fussy packaging and is travel-friendly as well.
I placed an order for this creme on Flipkart and was anxiously waiting for the packet to be delivered. But this time, it took a while, 6 days, for the product to be delivered (note, Flipkart is usually known for its speedy delivery). Needless to say, I was super-excited to try it to know what the glossy effect was all about. I immediately washed my face with a mild cleanser and applied the gel creme. My skin absorbed the creme at the blink of an eye. When I touched my skin, it felt incredibly soft and smooth. I touched it again to believe it. The “glossy effect” claim that made me fall for this product was not completely true. Yes, the creme did impart a kind of shine to the skin, but that was not anything that could be called glossy.
There was not much of a visible difference after applying this creme on my skin. After using this for a couple of days now, my skin seems to be a little perked up than before. However, there are no long term changes in the skin tone. Another good thing about this creme is that it can be used as a makeup base. Since it hydrates the skin, it can form a base for the not-so-easy-to-blend BB creams and CC creams. The other day, I used it beneath my Lakme CC cream and it made it much easier to blend the cream.
What you’ll love Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Gel Creme?
- Love the elegant packaging
- Comes in an absolutely lightweight texture
- Easily blends into the skin leaving it nourished and hydrated
- Little bit of product is sufficient to moisturize the entire face; will last for more than a month if used regularly
- Is affordably priced
- Provides a tinge of dewiness but that does not last for a considerable time
- Skin feels baby soft and smooth
- Does not cause any kind of irritation whatsoever
- Has a cooling sensation when applied on the skin (the sensation stays for a minute or two)
- Comes in a soothing pastel blue color, very pleasing to the sense of sight
- Comes with a lovely fragrance (somewhat musky) though artificial
- Can double up as a quick-fix makeup base
Why you may leave Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Gel Creme ?
- Claims to contain mineral glacial water, but that did not show any major impact
- Claims to provide a glossy effect but that is not completely true
- Does not moisturize the skin enough as per claims
- Needs to be reapplied after a couple of hours
- Using too much product at a time can make the skin appear greasy
- Does not have any SPF content and hence needs to be applied over a sunscreen/sunblock
- Loaded with lots of chemicals so organic skincare product lovers may want to stay away from it
My recommendations: Since the Bangalore weather is quite dry and this gel creme does not do much good for my normal to dry skin, I would not repurchase it. I would like to try the Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Reflection Serum and the Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Overnight Mask although I still have a bit of hesitation about trying another product from this gloss range. If you are looking for a moisturizer just for moderate hydration and also, if you are a kind of person who prefers gel-based moisturizers to cream-based products, then this product will fit your bill, else you may chose to skip this one.
Have you guys tried the Lakme Absolute Skin Gloss Gel Creme? I am curious to know how this product worked for you. Feel free to share your view below.